Answers to Possible Interview Questions

If I met some of your peers from college, what do you think they would say about you?
  • My peers at college would say I am hard working, because when I work on something, I don't stop until it's done right and congruent with our vision; resourceful, because I utilize every resource, think outside of the box, and persevere until I've found something; and able to work alone, because I can get work done on my own just as well as working together.
What extracurricular activities were you active in during college?
  • In college I was apart of Women's Choir, I lead a Life Group, I got hired as the Lead Web Designer and Manager for the Talon newspaper, and I got voted president of the Northwest University Communication Association, the departmental student club, as well as participating in social activities put on by the Student Life department.
Were there any unusual difficulties you had to overcome to do so well in college? How did you overcome these problems?
  • Well, one difficulty I think would be going to college as a foster care alumni. Half of foster youth drop out of high school, and only 1-3% of foster youth ever earn a college degree. It's hard because of the unique financial situation, and not many university employees even know how to deal with foster care alumni, especially financial aid, academic success, and housing. But I was lucky enough to be fully scholarshipped for my entire college career, which is what I would consider college, a career.
Do you prefer to work by yourself or with others?
  • Although I am able to work alone just as well, and sometimes work my best that way, I actually prefer to work with others. After I took the StrengthsFinder test, a requirement for campus leaders, I found out that "Individualization" was one of my top strengths, which is defined as a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively
Tell me something about yourself that I won’t find on your resume.
  • You won't find on my resume that I have a pet house bunny named Walter. I love having him, he acts half dog, half cat, and is litter box trained. You also won't find that I was really involved in high school, I did photography, art, cheer, student council, and I also was voted senior 'best smile' and 'artistically gifted.'

No comments:

Post a Comment