Communication Style Test Results

Myers-Briggs: INFJ (Introvert/ Intuitive/Feeling/Judging)
Keirsey: Idealist, Counselor

Part One:
Based on being an INFJ, my communication style relates to dealing with conflict in several ways. First, I am an introvert, so I usually keep to myself and that's where I draw my energy in a conflict, not from the person I am conflicting with. Second, I am intuitive and feeling, so I really dislike conflict and I always think that whatever a person feels is the most important thing, because I know that whatever a person feels can be logically explained and is valid when someone is hurt. And finally, I am judging always what is being said in conflict, and tend to take word as fact and trust it, so it's hard when others aren't final with their words or aren't conveying thoughts properly, which I tend to struggle with.

Part Two:
1. Select a person in your life who you would like to improve your communication with.
• My husband
2. Based on your observations of this person, guess their four letter code. Explain your guess.
• If I didn't already know his code, I would have guessed an ENTJ.
3. Compare and contrast your code with theirs.
• We are actually both INFJ's.
4. List ways that you might adapt to their communication style to improve the relationship.
• It's hard to adapt to another introvert. It's also hard to adapt to another judger, because we  both always want closure and sometimes it's hard to articulate feelings.
5. Give a specific example of what you will do differently.
• If I can make sure we are both drawing energy from ourselves and not flighting,  communication will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment